Saturday, March 26, 2016

Hannah: Restoring the Priesthood

From Sorrow to Joy

I witness today the birth of another child,
My rival’s scorn is nothing mild.
Relentless she mocks me for my barrenness,
My heart it aches to give a child love and tenderness.

My husband loves me this I know for sure;
His love and care he showers on me is so very pure.
He’d love me in my barrenness for all of his days,
I can’t help this emptiness to the Lord I pray.

God smiled on me, for now I have a son.
My heart is full of so much joy I am undone.
I asked God for him and He gave me joy;
I now have my first born son a baby boy.

I came to the Lord in desperate need, I was in distress.
I called upon His Name so mighty, to Him I will address,
My need to change my fate for I want to bring,
My life before Him to His throne, and a new life that sings.


©2012 Piper Green
Revised 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment