Thursday, March 24, 2016

Ruth: The Giver Of Dreams

The Giver of Dreams
I look down the long dusty road my journey has begun,
There is nothing left in this land, my time here is done.
I am ready for something new and to leave my old home,
Though I have nothing and I feel very alone.

I do not know what this feeling is down deep inside,
Whatever is calling me away I cannot run and hide.
I know there must be a destiny prepared just for me,
If I stay here I know I will not be able to see.

So I will take my last look at what is behind,
I will journey forward and I know I will find,
Destiny and purpose in my soul and my heart,
There is a purpose for me; a role and a part.
I know it is something only seen in a dream,
I go to a new land to find the Giver of this dream.


©2006 Piper Green
Revised 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment