Monday, March 28, 2016

Michal: Lessons is Bitterness


Michal’s Lament
I am the luckiest woman in the land,
For this young man David has won my hand.
He is indeed the apple of every ladies’ eye,
He caused the Philistines to flee, and Goliath to die.

I dream of living in the palace and my husband being king,
But my father is full of hatred and I don’t know what tomorrow brings.
My husband may be home tonight or I will be mourning by daybreak,
This fighting between them—I don’t know how much I can take.

I dream that David will rescue me after all,
My dreams are dead, my head is hung low, as I am sure to fall.
I have been abandoned by those that I love, believing they felt the same;
I see now I am worth nothing to them, but a pawn in their game.

Look at him dancing before everyone; a fool for all to see.
His faith in the God of Israel; the ark of gold, is this how to be?
My heart is cold toward them; everything I had is long gone,
I resolve to make them pay; life’s pain has robbed me of my song.


© 2012 Piper Green
Revised 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment