Monday, March 19, 2012

Bethel



Lord I came today to Bethel and laid my head upon a stone
I came to be in your presence it was you and you alone
I came to hear a word from you to see you face to face
And oh how faithful you are my God, what a word was in this place

You promised me that you would bring me back into this promised land
And all my enemy's vices will be buried deep in the sand
I stand upon your word oh God your promises are yes and Amen

I’m not looking for your stuff my God I do not seek your hand
I need to hear a word from you to bring me back into this land

Lord I cannot go from here with nothing in my hand
I don’t want to leave with this emptiness inside
I know the pain that lies ahead and I don’t wish for it to be
I know that it must come to pass for you to set me free
Show but your face my God I need to see your face
To have a filling of your power and a shower of your grace.

Piper ©2006

No comments:

Post a Comment