Monday, March 19, 2012

THE PEARL


A Pearl of great price I have heard it told,
Is Your Kingdom since The Days of Old,
A treasure far above diamonds or gold.

A Pearl of great price, the Scripture reads,
Not like you’d find on any ordinary strand of beads
Seek Me and you will find Me as the Holy Spirit leads.

Oh Lord how can I buy this Pearl of which I hear?
Come my daughter I’ll tell you come and draw near.
Now what is this that I hear, when I heard, it made
my eyes to tear.
But Lord I am not worthy I have nothing at all.

Yes the Lord replied that’s why my Son was born,
And later for His body to be bruised beaten and torn
But what can I give for this Pearl of great price?
I haven’t any jewels, aroma, or spice

My daughter don’t you know I have set you apart
The best gift to give Me, you know is your heart
I have told you through My Written Word
I have told you but you haven’t really heard
You don’t need jewels, aroma, or spice
My daughter, you too are a pearl of great price.

My Son looked on you even though you were bad
And decided you were a treasure He had to have
So though He came and was born in a manger
He paid with His blood you are no longer a stranger
So my daughter the message is clear
Go now and tell all that will hear
Search for Me, seek Me with all of your heart,
Soul, strength and mind,
I have called you My own, I Am one of a kind.

Search for Me The Pearl of Great Price.

By Piper Green
©2003

No comments:

Post a Comment