Monday, March 19, 2012

I Give You My Peace


There is a bird I have created from above
It is white with feathers I have named it the dove
This creature is so harmless I made her with much love

When you get tired and restless remember what I have shown
The dove is full of gentleness and love you are my very own
When life is hurried remember this was not meant to be
I give you my peace that you may stop to love and worship me

My Father sent the dove to show me His great pleasure
And now this gift I give to you, you’re my beloved treasure
A gift of love and gentleness a symbol of the Holy Spirit
He is the comforter, and His lamp is forever lit

When you need my peace and my comfort remember the dove
I give you my Peace, I give you my Joy, and I give you my love


By Heather Green
© 2003


No comments:

Post a Comment