Monday, March 19, 2012

This Bread


As I come through the curtains I see a Table set
I see the golden glowing crown of it and yet
I am afraid to approach, for this Bread is not for me
So why do I feel so drawn to it this I cannot see

I see on the table the cups and bowls of gold
The drink and the Bread these vessels hold
Yes I see the Bread it is so divine
The precious body of my Saviour, it is mine

This Bread of Life will fill me up I will not hunger again
Everyday I will come and eat He did not suffer in vain
Because of this Bread I will grow to know Him more and more
For by this Bread He stands and knocks He is at the door

This Bread that He has given us it is there to give us strength
It will make you strong and able to go for a great length
The more you eat the more about Himself He reveals

This Bread washes me and renews me every day
It shows me what my Savior will do and say
This Bread He gives it is like a sword
For the Bread reminds us of the Body of our Lord

By Piper Green
©2003

No comments:

Post a Comment