Monday, March 19, 2012

The Light of Your Presence


I walk into the Holy Place and what do my eyes see
A Golden Lampstand a light by which all the darkness must flee
The Lamp stand is so beautiful I long to come and touch it
The almond pots of gold, the lily flowers, they were so lovingly writ

You are the Vine we are the branches it is told us in Your Word
Your Light is now in us to go and tell those that have not heard
We are the light of the world and the salt of the earth we must go and do
To lead the lost and the hurting to come into Your Light too

I will bring my oil and trim the wicks each and every day
To cut off that which hinders me and trips me up along the way
I want my path illuminated so that I may see
All that I must do and all I am to be

Oh Holy Spirit light my path and reveal Yourself to me
So I know which way to go and so that I may see
I prepare my lamp to be ready, for I know that He will call
I know the Bride Groom is coming with a Feast for one and all


By Piper Green
©2003

No comments:

Post a Comment