Monday, March 19, 2012

A Treasure Hunt



When you look at yourself what do you see?
Do you know the beauty that is inside of you?
Do you see all that I have created you to be?
You are a most beautiful, and a costly jewel.

For you are rubies and emeralds and diamonds and such
I gave all I have for you, I created you, I love you very much
Somehow you were lost and thrown in the dirt
When I lost you my heart was full of sorrow and hurt

So I pulled out my satchel and packed up my shovel
I went on a treasure hunt for a jewel through all that rubble
I packed up my treasure map and off I went on a journey,
I went that I may hunt for my lost precious treasure in a hurry

When I found you were covered with dirt and there was mire
But when I am through cleaning you, I’ll give that jewel back its fire
I will chisel and polish that lost jewel so it will shine
You are a costly treasure you are my own one of a kind

Underneath that rock stands a jewel shining bright as a star
The warmth of that jewel will draw many from near and from far
I Am your High Priest I will bear your name upon on my breast
I have made a special place for you inside the Father’s treasure chest

© Piper Green 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment