Monday, March 19, 2012

RAHAB


We have heard of the men of Israel and the God in which they serve
The men of Jericho have been preparing every weapon and man preserved
We know the Israelites travels will bring them to our wall
It is only a matter of time I know before our inevitable fall

We have heard terrible things about this God and we all melt with fear
The lands they have conquered, by this God to our eyes it brings tears
The Lord dried up the Red Sea before them to walk upon dry land
Burying the Egyptian horses, chariots and army deep in the sand

The terror of them has fallen on us we have melted away before them
The king of the Amorites destroyed, no courage remained in any men
The Lord your God He is God in heaven above and earth beneath
I must know this God of Israel so that to me He may bequeath
Such favor, grace and mercy upon me though I can but only hope
My life now hangs in the balance of these men and one scarlet rope

I long for a different life, one very different from the one I lead here
I pray that helping these spies will bring God’s favor and rid me of my fear
I long to be different to change my life into a story that sings
I know not what the future will bring, it rests in this scarlet string

©2012 Heather Green

No comments:

Post a Comment