Monday, March 19, 2012

The Giver of Dreams- Ruth


I stand here and look back on the long dusty road my journey has begun
There is nothing left for me in this land after all is said and done
I am ready for something new and to leave this my old home
Though I don’t have anything to take with me and I feel very alone
I do not know what this feeling is way down deep inside
I just know whatever is calling me away I cannot run and hide
I know that there must be a destiny prepared just for me
But if I stay here I know I will not be able to see
So I will stand and take my last look at what is behind
I will take this long journey forward and I know that I will find
This destiny and purpose that I feel in my soul and my heart
There is a purpose for me I must play a role or a part
I know that it must be something I would only see in a dream
I must go to a new land and find the Giver of such dreams
©2006

No comments:

Post a Comment