Monday, March 19, 2012

AN INSTRUMENT OF PRAISE


You have heard that your praise is music to my ears
So it has been told to you for so many years
But praise my child is much, much more than this
But there is a praise when lifted up is just like a kiss

So often you see praise as given in a song
How beautiful the cymbal is yet just a clanging gong
Though you play it every day and play it all night long
It does not give me pleasure if you are living wrong

How wonderful the harp is with its golden strings
Such as these are played by My angelic beings
But when you live as though today will be your last
Looking ahead and not clinging to what is past

When you do what I have commanded you in my Living Word
Then I know you love Me and that you have heard
How very much you mean to Me and all that I have done
What a treasure you are that’s why I sent my Son

Each one of you is like a musical note, a song I am composing
I am conducting the orchestra and what if, just supposing
That each one will play the part that I have given them to play
The lost and hurting will be drawn out from their miry clay

Remember my child your life is always lifted up to Me
You are my sheet of music written in the sweetest key!

Piper Green
©2004 Piper Green

No comments:

Post a Comment