Monday, March 19, 2012

The Breath of Life


The day I formed you and made you from the dust
I knew that I should, I knew that I must
Form and create a creature in the image of Me
The Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit all three

I started with your head and numbered every hair
so you would not have a single worry or care
I gave to you two eyes so that you may see
all I have created you to do and to be

I gave you arms and hands to be an extension of Me
to reach out and touch the lost,  the hurting and hungry
I created each one of you to be a reflection of Me
You are my church I Am the head and you are My body

When I looked and saw My creation was grand
I took you and held you in the palm of My hand
I kissed you and l breathed into you My Breath
When you cry unto Me there is no height and no depth

When I hear your voice lifted up in a cry unto Me
I will come running to your side just wait you will see
I will come to you and I will show Myself strong
Praise me my child and call unto the Lord
For I have said My Word cannot return unto Me void

I Am the Good Shepherd and My sheep hear My voice
Just as you hear Me and know Me when I speak,
I have given each of My sheep a voice so very unique 

When you open up your mouth and shew forth My Praise
I will set Myself down amongst you in a wonderous way.

©Piper Green 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment