Monday, March 19, 2012

The Road


Here I go down this long dusty road,
Water pot in hand I am on my way,
The hottest hour of the day
 Just to avoid what others might say,
One more price I must pay

For all the mistakes I have made forever I will be in pain
I fear that in this life forever the same I will remain
Is there not a way out when I come to fill my jar with water?
Yes I remain thirsty but at this well Jacob my father built an altar

I long for the time when I will not have to come here
I don’t know what tomorrow holds that is my worst fear
I am alone in this world no matter who my lovers may be
I want to be filled if only all the others could just see

Here I am at this great well to fill my jar and to have a drink
Though I never seem to get things right and I have to think
Redemption is not available for me I have sinned too much
How can God love me and want me for a daughter as such?

I am so thirsty is there nothing that will quench my thirst?
I cannot walk to this well another day I am by all cursed
I am tired of hiding and walking my path in all this shame
I don’t want to live this way anymore something must change

© 2004 Heather Green

No comments:

Post a Comment