Monday, March 19, 2012

Don't Leave Me Here

Lord I feel so out of sorts-like I am walking in a wilderness
Every stone unturned-yet no water to quench my thirst is found
I hunt and I search for some sign from you Lord and I find none
No burning bush-no pillar of fire or cloud to shelter me Lord

Where are you Lord? May I not even have a drink of water?
Is there yet a sign from you to move-for I wait for you Lord
If your Spirit does not go before me I do not want to go
I search for you in a dry and weary land- I search for you
Lord I long to be filled to reach my promised land-
Lord I am stuck here in this desert place and I see nothing but sand

Did you not promise me a land- land filled with joy and peace
A place of true love-a place of fruitfulness?
Lord how long? How much longer must I wait? Move me Lord
Move me God into what you have for me-please don’t leave me here!
Speak to me Lord-let me hear your voice-draw near to me God and
Strengthen me with your grace and love and power-do not leave me here!

God I long for the life you have promised me- I long to be where I belong
I do not belong here God! I am so weary. I have stood long. I have believed long.
Show me your path-lead me in your ways! Oh Lord do not leave me here!
I trust so in you-do not leave me here!

By Heather Green
© 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment