Monday, March 19, 2012

The Veil


I see the Veil, the blue, the scarlet and the purple, and I see
The cherubim with wings of gold they are protection for me
I wonder what lies beyond the beautifully woven curtain
There must be wonders I’ve never seen of this I am certain

The Veil is there to keep out those unprepared
To look upon His glory we are a people spared
For we could not withstand the Glory of the Lord
For His presence can slay us like a mighty sword

But wait what is this I see I have never seen before
The Veil I look upon it is not the same–it has been rent
The way has been made to God for my Savior’s flesh was torn

I now can access the Father His Holiness and Grace to see
And now through the Blood of Jesus this will forever be
Nothing now can separate us from the Father’s Grace
Unless we so choose to not run and finish the race

He now calls us to come and bask in His presence
To be intimate with Him and have the very essence
The mark of the Glory impressed upon our face
He is calling us beyond the Veil to experience the fullness of His grace

Piper Green
©2003

No comments:

Post a Comment