Monday, March 19, 2012

Heaven


What do you think when you think of heaven?
The pearly gates, the crystal throne
The streets of gold or the colored stones?
Is heaven filled with those who’ve gone before?
Where there is no pain or tears forever more?
A place where the lion lays down with the lamb
The throne of judgment for the Great I Am?

Yes in heaven these things you will find
But also there is power to loose and to bind
The Son of God sits to intercede for you
I see all that you say and do

I want to show you my home this is where I rest
I have made it for you too, the very best
There are many with me here
I hear you when you pray and I see your tears

But do not fret and do not be afraid
For a foundation and a work they have laid
I am preparing the earth for a mighty flood
That is why Christ shed for you His blood

One day soon we will all be together
To be with each other forever
I look to this day with gladness and joy
To have all of you with me every girl and boy

We are building a place just for you
There is here a great cloud of witnesses too
Watching you fulfill that which you are ordained to do
One day all things will be done
And you shall come and feast with the Son


By Piper Green
©2003-2004

No comments:

Post a Comment